The Jerte Picota Cherry season is in full swing, and Picotas are the perfect addition for this Asian-inspired recipe. The sweetness of the Jerte Picota Cherries and the intense flavour of the duck with Chinese five spice are seamlessly balanced. This recipe serves one.
- 1 large duck breast
- 1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
- 100g Jerte Picota Cherries, pitted and chopped
- 50ml white wine
- a few sprigs of watercress and salad leaves
- juice of ½ lime
- sesame oil
- 1 little gem lettuce
- Season the duck breast and dust with Chinese five spice powder.
- Put in a medium-hot frying pan and fry gently for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until lots of fat has come out of the skin and the skin is golden brown.
- Take out of the pan and slice thinly – the duck will still be raw in the middle, but don’t worry!
- Discard the fat from the pan and put the sliced duck back in. Stir fry for a few minutes, until cooked through and crispy. Set aside.
- To cook the Jerte Picota cherries, place them in the frying pan with the white wine. Cook for 1 minute until the cherries turn soft. Take off the heat.
- Arrange the salad leaves and Jerte Picotas around and on the duck. Dress with the lime juice and a drizzle of sesame oil. Season to taste.
Enjoy the intense and mouth-watering flavours from the Jerte Picota Cherries!