1 large duck breast
1 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
250g Jerte Picota, pitted and chopped
A few sprigs watercress
½ lime, juice of
Sesame oil, to drizzle
1 little gem lettuce
• Season the duck breast and dust with Chinese five spice powder.
• Put in a medium-hot frying pan and fry very gently for 5 minutes, turning halfway, until lots of fat has come out of the skin and the skin is golden brown.
• Take out of the pan and slice thinly – the duck will still be raw in the middle but don’t worry!
• Discard the fat from the pan and put the sliced duck back in. Stir fry for a few minutes, until cooked through and crispy. Set aside.
• Arrange the salad leaves and Jerte Picotas around and on the duck. Dress with the lime juice and a drizzle of sesame oil. Season to taste.
- 02 May 2017