*Recipe created by SpamellaB
Coupled with a strong coconut vibe – using flakes, sugar and oil – these juicy cherries are the perfect addition to this traditional sweet treat.
Serves 8-10 bars
50g coconut oil
2 tablespoons almond butter
250g coconut sugar
100g maple syrup
200g Jerte Picota cherries, pitted and halved
50g coconut flakes
1. First preheat the oven to 170C and grease and line a 9x9in baking tin.
2. Gently melt the coconut oil, almond butter, coconut sugar and maple syrup until bubbling then remove from the heat.
3. Place the oats in a bowl and pour in the melted mixture and mix well to combine.
4. Tip ¾ of the mixture into the tin, spread out evenly and pat down well. Place the cherries on top and push down gently.
5. Mix the coconut chips into the oat mixture and scatter over the cherries and push down a little. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden then leave to cool (they will set as they cool!). Cut into 8-10 bars and enjoy!
- 29 Jun 2020