Survive the extreme heat by enjoying Jerte Picota Cherries in chilled ways
The UK’s usual summer of rainy days and average temps has been replaced with a heatwave, and people are looking for any way to beat the heat. Jerte Picota Cherries, with their delicious flavour and juicy crunch, are the ultimate summer snack – when eaten fresh from the fridge, these special cherries from Spain are the perfect way to cool down.
Try these recipes for a tasty way to chill out this summer and embrace the hot weather.
Jerte Picota Cherry Infused Pimm’s
- 100ml Pimm’s No 1
- 225g Jerte Picota, pitted and puree
- 200ml soda water or lemonade
- 2 sprigs fresh mint
- 2 slices of cucumber
- Fresh Jerte Picota, to serve
- Ice, crushed
- Place the Jerte Picotas into a food processor until a smooth puree is produced.
- Put the Jerte Picota puree, cucumber slices, 1 mint spring, Pimm’s in a jar a mix well.
- Pour in the soda water/lemonade and add crushed ice, gently stir.
- To serve, pour into glasses. To garnish, add fresh mint leaves and Jerte Picotas.
Jerte Picota Cherry Sorbet
- 6 cups of frozen pitted Jerte Picotas
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Combine sugar and Jerte Picotas and refrigerate overnight.
- Place mixture into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add lemon juice and pulse until combined.
- To finish, place back in the freeze for at least 1 hour.
Jerte Picota Cherries and Vanilla Ice Cream with a twist
- 1 punnet of Jerte Picota cherries
- 1 tub of quality vanilla ice cream
- 1 bottle of Pedro Ximenez
- Place a large handful of Picota cherries into 4 bowls, followed by 2 generous scoops of quality vanilla ice-cream per bowl.
- Pour approximately one shot of Pedro Ximenez over the ice-cream, or to your required taste.
- Be careful of the cherry stones, especially if eaten by children.